Saturday, April 4, 2009

A SONG FOR YOU



A group I have neglected is The Carpenters. This is love music at its best. Every teenage boy was in love with Karen Carpenter. Apparently, she just didn't know it. She died in 1983 from the effects of anorexia. What a shame because we loved The Carpenters. They sold more records than anyone in the 70s.

What got me to thinking in this direction was my friend Z. She loves Leon Russell. Well this is a Leon Russell song. One of many by the way. I'll post some more of The Carpenters later.

2 comments:

Z said...

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGkxqgI9hJv4EBRC5XNyoA?fr2=sg-gac&sado=1&p=leon%20russell%20a%20song%20for%20you&fr=yfp-t-501&=f%3D|f%3Dyoutube%2520german%2520sea%2520shanties%2520sailors&pqstr=a%20song%20for%20you

I love the Carpenter interpretation..thanks, L&0...I'd forgotten ..

Above is a Leon/Willie/Ray Charles version which, sadly, is mostly Charles, though I DO LIKE HIM, it almost looks like Willie's face is saying "that was MY verse!"

Leon's not singing too much, either..:-(

Law and Order Teacher said...

Z,
You inspired me to seek out Leon and that led to The Carpenters. I love their music. What a tragic story. I'll check out the link, thanks.