Friday, December 17, 2010

AMERICA



I understand the draw of America. We are fortunate to be Americans. I talked to a teacher friend of mine today who is active in the German club in the area. I once belonged to this club but I lost interest when it dissolved into a intraclub fight. I walked away. My friend assured me that the club had cleared out and become what it had once been. I'll think about joining again and I hope the club will be what it was I thought it would be.

I wanted to celebrate my heritage as a German. There is no country that has contributed more to America. More Americans trace their heritage to Germany than any ethnicity. Germans have contributed more to the fabric of America than any other enthnicity. British you say? Check the numbers. Germans rank number one.

When it's all said and done America draws from the world, and why not? Freedom is very attractive. My question: Has any other country written a song extolling the virtues of a country their people have emmigrated to?

No comments: