Saturday, June 19, 2010

FATHER'S DAY


June 18th was the second anniversary of my dad's passing. My daughter called and wanted to know if I was alright. I told her I was fine because I think about my dad many times each day. I don't just wake up on the 18th and get depressed. He never really leaves my mind so the 18th wasn't really any tougher than any other day. I miss him more than you can imagine, but the lessons he taught me about what a real man is and does, make me feel like he never has been gone. The Greatest Generation? No doubt. Happy Father's Day, Dad.

My daughter gave my wife and I a great combination Mother's and Father's Day present. She bought us tickets to the Bold Fresh Tour in Columbus on Friday. We loved it and had a great time. Beck and O'Reilly were hysterical. We laughed the whole night and enjoyed our evening. Before the show we went to dinner with our daughter and her boyfriend and had a great, great evening. We are very fortunate to have great children who still care about us. Quite a blessing.

4 comments:

Ducky's here said...

Yeah, I went to put a new flag on the da's grave the other day and someone had planted quite a few flowers. No idea who, but the grave looks quiet good.

He and I are still hashing a few things out so we had a little chat. Still working it out.

Law and Order Teacher said...

Ducky,
I can only hope that you feel the love. Someone was in love so it's great that his grave has been tended. I love that you are spiritual. I sincerely hope that you and your dad work out your differences. I'm sure he's listening so keep digging for a conclusion. God is good, yes?

Thanks for the visit.

Z said...

Ducky, may God bless you with that. I like the way you put it.

Happy Father's Day, Law and Order, and thanks for coming by....I love that you got to see the Bold Fresh duo! Had you read the book? I haven't, but I hear it's very, very good. ?? Glad you had such a nice time with the family!

Law and Order Teacher said...

Z,
I read the book and loved it. I identify with O'Reilly as we were 50s, 60s Catholic kids raised in the schools and the Church. While I read I was constantly saying "That's my life, I recognize that." Much to my wife's chagrin.