Monday, January 25, 2010

IS RON PAUL RIGHT? I LIKE WHAT HE HAS TO SAY.



I'll allow Ron Paul to speak for himself. I like what he has to say about the Federal Reserve. With the vote looming about Ben Bernanke, what Paul has to say is really relevant. Dr. Paul is a medical doctor who has become an expert in economics. His political views are libertarian.

There is a lot of what he has to say that I don't agree with to any extent. As for his economic views, I agree with him a lot. Anyone who takes on Paul Krugman is a friend of mine. Krugman is an extremely liberal, Keynesian, whose theories have been thoroughly disproved. Therefore, he is a Nobel laurate, which speaks highly of the Nobel board.

Dr. Paul has taken on the Fed. I agree, as do a large number of congressmen, that the Fed should do its business in the open. The secrecy of government is an intolerable perversion of the constitution. The Fed should operate in the light of day and its deliberations should be public.

When did it become a revelation that the government should be open to the governed?

9 comments:

Oso said...

Law and Order,
Funny thing about Ron Paul is he appeals to people across the spectrum. Like you I both agree and disagree with portions of his policy.
IMO the reason for this appeal is the Congressman's honesty.
Money's tight but myself and my children contributed to his campaign.

Pamela Zydel said...

L&OT: The first time I heard Ron Paul I wrote him off as "loony". I've since changed my mind. He has proven time and again that he knows what he's talking about.

I also think our Fed should be transparent. I can only imagine what they're doing "behind closed doors"...

Gabriella said...

Great Great Great Blog

Your blog is so excellent. I am your regular reader of your blog.

I follow your blog. I like your way of posting.

Hey i am interesting in adding your http://lawandorderteacher.blogspot.com/
in my blog
http://spacestation-shuttle.blogspot.com/


I am honored to add it to my blog in right side bar links.

Will you add my blog in your blog list

Thanks for visiting my blog as well!

Please reply dear.

Kentucky Rain said...

I agree that the fed should be transparent.

Law and Order Teacher said...

Oso,
The more I listen to him the more sense he makes. His honesty is attractive and that is refreshing in this day and age. Thanks for the visit.

PDH,
I too, was turned off of him early. Now he looks and sounds smarter by the day. Thanks for the visit.

MMA,
You I agree on this issue. How is it good to operate in the dark? Thanks for the visit.

JoeBama "Truth 101" Kelly said...

My two favorite Congressmen are Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich.

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Ron Paul, in this case, states the obvious. If he weren't such a terrible Fruitbat on other issues, I'd be in his camp.

He has called for an open AUDIT on the Federal Reserve for some time. I am ALL over that. But, unfortunately, he lacks the power to pull that off.

Ask yourself, ladies and gentlemen: what REALLY backs the paper money you have in your wallet??

I say, today: only AIR.

BZ

Law and Order Teacher said...

Truth,
I like Paul on a lot of things but not so much on others. Kucinich? Not so much. Thanks for the visit.

BZ,
Again, on a lot of things I don't care for Paul. But on this issue I with him 100%. Thanks for the visit.

dmarks said...

I don't like what he has to say because he has been caught using antisemitic "code words" lifted from neo-Nazis.

That, and he wants to strip citizenship from Americans based on the situation of their parents having committed a crime.

But... like others here, I agree with Paul on the Fed. Completely. There should be complete sunshine there.