Saturday, March 21, 2009

MY LIFE?


As the song says I've been lately thinking about my lifetime. I tried to say what I believe in and I think I'm good there. But there was some gaps in my life and I tried to fill them. It's been a tough year what with my dad dying and all. That sent me into a spiral of introspection.

So I have published some "What I believe In" posts. I don't know what effect they had on anyone but me. I feel better about my lifetime after this process. I did some things that I needed to do. First, I became a better Catholic. I needed to be right with my religion. I'm there, but I have a lot of work to do.

I also tried to be a better son to my mom. She is tough and misses my dad after 56 years of marriage. But she is surviving and staying within her religion and most importantly what she was taught by her parents. Her grandparents were from Germany and spoke very little English. She spoke German before she spoke English. She figured it out just as her parents did. Her favorite comic was the Katzenjammer Kids. Go figure. They succeeded in life because they assimilated to America. That's what immigrants should do.

I'm good. By the way, we didn't pass the pipe around, but we did drink some Buds.

2 comments:

lovelyprism said...

I came for a little visit after I received your lovely comment on my blog. Thanks for the visit and the comment. I like yours very much, it's well written and we have a few things in common. I'll be back. :-) Love the John Denver video btw.

Law and Order Teacher said...

LP,
Thanks for the visit. John Denver was a salve for me when I returned from Southeast Asia. I met my wife and found John Denver. Straightened me out.