Sunday, November 2, 2008

A DAD SONG



Tomorrow is All Souls Day in the Catholic Church. I will be at Mass honoring my dad who passed away in June. The relatives of the recently departed light candles in memory of their loved ones. I miss my dad a lot and I think about him almost all the time. Sometimes I'll think of him while I'm doing something and I say, I hope I'm doing it right. My dad always had a way of making the most complicated life problem seem simple. He was Korea War veteran who like those of his generation, didn't see anything great about what they did. He was raised during the Depression in an orphanage. He never forgot that he missed having a family and consequently was fiercely protective of his own family. He was never vindictive towards others and he was just a very nice man. I wish I was more like him.

No comments: