Wednesday, October 29, 2008

STAGE FRIGHT



I love this song. It reminds me of when I was a new teacher. That moment comes when the class is in your care and all the students look at you expectantly. It's sink or swim time. It's a big moment that once you are by it, you realize that this is where you want to be. You will then begin to enjoy the give and take with the students and realize how really fortunate you are to be in the position to make a difference. The stage fright is gone, never to return. I thank God everyday that I'm a teacher.

4 comments:

Average American said...

I often wish I had staid the course I had originally set and became a teacher. It was the plan until the Vietnam war needed me. I had it all figured out, do my duty and then let Uncle Sam buy me an education.(some education!) When my hitch was up, I met the Mrs. and that was that. Never went back to college.

Z said...

average American....your enthusiasm would have made you a GREAT teacher. Thanks for your service.

Law and Order? you wooing little ol' me with MORE BAND??!! I'm tellin' Mr. Z (smile)

Law and Order Teacher said...

AA,
Thanks for the visit. Too bad you didn't stay the course. The students need to hear from those of us who have seen the elephant. It gives us a unique perspective. Uncle Sam paid for my education and I thank him everyday. BTW, I am having trouble getting onto you site. I locks up my computer every time. I check back everyday but I get the same results. I'll keep checking. Take care, brother.

Z,
I do owe you a debt of gratitude for reawakening my love Band's music. I had listened to it faithfully as a teenager and off and on through the years. Now I'm listening to their music again and it is as fresh as it always was. Thanks for that.

Z said...

I thank YOU. I just could tell from your other selections you had to be a Band fan! Glad you're reacquainted.