Saturday, August 2, 2008

SEALS AND CROFTS


When I came home from overseas I was very proud of the stereo I had bought. It was state of the art. I could play LPs, 45s, and I had a tape deck on which I recorded reel-to-reel tapes. When I got home I set it up in my parents home. I played some music to let them hear the bass and full, rich sound for themselves. My dad thought the bass was really cool. The first songs I had on the stereo were from Seals and Crofts. Diamond Girl started it off and I remember my family oohing and aahing over the bass sound. Being a worldly veteran headed for Denver after my leave, I was more than happy to put on a show for them and my friends who came over to see me. They wanted to know what a war was like and I told them and we drank some beer, 18 being the drinking age in those days. My dad was so happy to usher in all my friends and he was the best host possible. He was happy his son was home and he delighted in seeing my friends from HS. A good time was had by all.

A good memory of my dad.

No comments: