Sunday, May 6, 2007

Historical Perspective

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070506/ap_on_re_mi_ea/al_qaida_video
This should prove to anyone who has any intelligence that the people who want us destroyed are watching and listening to the debate about Iraq War funding. How can you possibly say that setting guidelines is a good thing. We are being watched and judged on our ability to stay the course (I know that's not the best thing to say these days).

I don't know, let me think. If I tell the people I'm fighting that I will go home at a certain time, do you think they'll wait until I do and then cause mischief. This guy is as much as saying so.

The American Revolution lasted from 1775 to 1783. Do you think that George III would have liked to know when the Americans would finally lose their patience and give up? Hillary and Byrd want to put a five (5) year limit on this war. That's nice to know if you are an enemy of the U.S. All you have to do is go the distance and you're home free. We'll quit.

Let's talk about the last "good" war. The U.S. was in WWII from 1941-1945. That's good, it's under the limit. The war really lasted from September 1, 1939 when Poland was attacked, to September 2, 1945 when Japan finally signed the surrender papers. It took two atomic bombs dropped on two cities to force the surrender on August 10. Taking this into consideration, WWII doesn't make the Hill-Byrd cut. Well then, let's stop before D-Day, June 6, 1944 to make sure we don't exceed the limit. After all, does Europe really need to be liberated? Sorry, five years is up, let's take our ball and go home.

The Spanish-American War, very short, a "splendid little war." Good, makes the cut. The Korean War, 1950-1953, makes the cut. The Vietnam War, bad, bad, bad. Too long, doesn't make the cut. The communists attack our allies in violation of the cease-fire, sorry, no help. It doesn't make the cut. The clock ran out. Sorry about all those people who got killed but damn it we're on a deadline.

Once again, Hillary never ceases to amaze me. She can not only flip-flop, but do contortions and the media will give her a pass. I won't even spend a lot of time on Byrd; he was in the KKK for God's sakes. I know it was an error of youth. When I was young I didn't think of joining the KKK because, well, ...it was wrong.

How can anyone seriously think of voting for Hillary. She has demonstrated time and again, she has no core values. She will do whatever is the most expedient thing at the time. I certainly want someone running the country that keeps me guessing. It makes it fun. It sure as heck will keep our allies guessing. I voted for the war, now I wish I hadn't, now I want to take my vote back, now I want to stop the war immediately. Take a stance and stick to it!!

Here's hoping someone from the large group of Republicans will step forward, and show some principles and values. We need leadership now. President Bush has the courage of his convictions but has not done the job of explaining the war to the people. I think history will probably judge him well. But right now, we need someone to take the point on this war and make people understand the danger we are facing. Isn't it telling that the most capable advocate for the war is a Democrat (Independent) in Joe Lieberman. I'm waiting.

1 comment:

Ka_Ka said...

I like this blog...

Cool


www.spring-gold.blogspot.com